Dental mini implants are titanium screws with a diameter of about 2-3 millimetres: they are almost four times smaller than conventional dental implants, so they can be used in very limited space. As a rule, mini implants have a compact design connecting the titanium core and the implant attachment to which the orthopaedic structure is attached.
- Mini implants can also be inserted in very limited spaces.
- Bone sculpting is not required to introduce mini implants.
- A removable prosthesis on mini implants is much more cost effective compared to conventional dental implants.
- Limited use options. Impossibility of separate and single crown prosthesis and deployment of non-removable structures.
- The patient must remove the prosthesis when cleaning
Mini implanting prosthesis is one of the most popular methods for addressing prosthesis stability.